Muscles in the leg feel odd to my daughter for

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2019 in Mental Health
Question: Muscles in the leg feel odd to my daughter for last 5 days since her most recent Haldol dec shot. She never complained of this before. She says her legs hurt while she is trying to sleep, and feel as if they are convulsing, but don't show physical movement. Could this be a side effect of the Haldol? She has an appt with her psychiatrist Monday, can it wait and be brought up to the doctor then? I saw on the internet that Benedryl could help.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin E can help in reducing the symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service

I don't think these symptoms are related directly to Haloperidol. But these could be due to restless legs which is a minor side effect of any antipsychotic drug.

You can talk with her doctor for this. Vitamin E supplements have great roles in improving these symptoms of restless legs. Vitamin E in 400 mg dose daily will help in improving the symptoms.

Thanks

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need more help.