Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Lump under toe, pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 102 Questions
lump right under my big toe
i have a lump under my big toe and it cause me pain when i am on my feet to long and it is tender around the edgesof it its hard but the inside circle is soft seems yellowish
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 4 hours later

Most likely you are suffering from a condition called pressure sore (corn) which causes thickening of the skin with pain. You can try corn caps which are available over the counter in pharmacy which will reduce the thickness of the lesion.

If not better, please consult an orthopedic surgeon for x-ray and physical examination, as this could also be due to some small bones called sesamoids under the big toe.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor