Is there an OTC medication for anxiety? My husband has

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Is there an OTC medication for anxiety? My husband has COPD, on oxygen 24/7. He is experiencing sleepless nights saying he has anxiety.
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Soujanya 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brief answer...unfortunately there is no OTC medication for anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ritataylor,
Welcome to health care magic,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards your husbands sleep problem along with anxiety and COPD
I can certainly say that there are no OTC medication for anxiety as most of these are drugs of abuse...including benzodiazepines
So, I would recommend you to put him on very low dose of benzodiazepines like clonazepam which helps in regulating his sleep and decreases awakenings in the nights
I would like to advise you to discuss with your doctor regarding the dosage and tapering of these drugs and follow accordingly
Anyway these drugs also help in relieving anxiety which is more beneficial to your husband
I would advise your husband can also take drug called ETIZOLAM in the morning....if he is very anxious
Hope this information would help you
Feel free to ask any further questions
Thank you

Follow-up: Is there an OTC medication for anxiety? My husband has 1 hour later
Thank you for your answer. It is very helpful.

Answered by Dr. Soujanya 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Brief answer... Could not find any follow up query

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ritataylor,
Welcome to health care magic
Thank you for replying that the information is helpful to you
I could not find any follow up query
Feel free to ask if you need any further information
Thank you