Is the following coronary anatomy normal?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hi is nroml?left main coronary artery the LMCA arises from the left coronary sinus of valsalva in the usual position it is a large caliber vessel it divides into the left anterior descending and the left circumflex arteries the LAD is a medium calibre vessel and gives rise to 1 major diagonal branch the left circumflex artery is a medium calibre vessel and gives rise to 2
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The prescribed coronary anatomy seems to be normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that the anatomy of the left coronary artery you described above is considered quite normal.

The left main coronary artery (LMCA) arises from a normal position of the aortic root (left sinus of Valsalva) and it is divided into the normally existing two other coronary branches (left anterior descending artery [LAD] and left circumflex artery [LCX] as you described above.

In addition, the above mentioned coronary arteries give rise to the subsequent branches.

So, everything seems to be normal.

In case you have a medical test report, I would like to directly review it and give my professional opinion on the matter you are concerned.

I remain at your disposal for further discussions.

So, feel free to ask me again whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist