Is tattooing advisable while having bicuspid aortic valve disease?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 2 Dec 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Can I get a tattoo while having a bicuspid aortic valve
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that having a bicuspid aortic valve doesn't impede you from getting a tattoo.

But, with the condition that during the procedure a careful antiseptic regimen should be followed in order to exclude possible infections.

It is important to utilize one use needles, as are the recommendations for this purpose.

It would be wise to use antibiotics, if there are doubts regarding the recommended hygiene.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri