Is sympathetictomy surgery possible for c-5 quadriplegic injury?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
I am a c-5 quadriplegic and have been one for 30 years. I have been in pain the whole time. I have been on a lot of pain meds and not much helps. years ago a dr told me of a procedure called a sympathetictomy and that they don't do them at the mayo clinci where I have been treated since I got hurt. is there anyplace in mn that will do one. I am suicidal at this point and want some relief. please help me.
morrie karsetn
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Conservative tt ineffective, surgical tt required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

The intractable pain can be treated by conservative measures and surgical measures.
Conservative measures include pain killers and surgical treatment consists of sympathetictomy.
You have mentioned that you have taken many pain killers for the condition but without any relief.
When conservative treatment becomes ineffective, surgical treatment is indicated.
Thus, surgery will only help at this point.

I suggest you to your nearest pain management clinic for further management.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal