question-icon

Is soreness on the penis with no visible rash result of the recent sexual activity?

Posted on Tue, 11 Sep 2018
Question: I have soreness on my penis, no visible rash though. Is it possible that it could be bruised from sex? I have herpes in my system, but no visible outbreak. It has been sore since a sex session Tuesday, but nothing visible.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Soreness possibly related to recent sexual activity.

Detailed Answer:

I can certainly understand your concern and have worked through your query in detail.

Yes, the possibility of sexual activity, being responsible for your symptoms, is very high.

As there is no visible rash the possibility of Herpes outbreak is unlikely.

The chance of a minor penile traumatic abrasion during the sexual activity is high.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Suresh Heijebu