question-icon

Is repetition of vaccination required if the dog is alive after 12 days?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: Street Dog bite my leg, the wound is not deep, I started vaccination after 10hours of dog bite ,I have completed vaccination (i.E. 0 , 3 & 7 days) The dog is seen alive after 12 days . Is their required any precaution other than vaccination ?
Answered by Dr. Divakara (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Get Tetanus Vaccine also.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Apart from Rabies vaccination you need to get Tetanus Vaccine too ( 1 shot ). If the dog is alive 12 days after the bite and is not behaving violently then there is no need of further Rabies vaccination also ( but you need to be sure that it is the same dog )

Hope this information was useful to you. '
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara