Is nebulization with Levolin safe for a child?

Pediatrician
Question
Is nebulozation 0.63 mg levolin safe for 8 months old kid. 9kg weight. I did nebulizer him with 0.31mg a month ago. How frequently can nebulozation be done. What could be the side effects of nebulozation in the long run. Are syrups better or respules.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that nebulization with 0.63 mg levolin is safe for 8 months old kid. The short term side effect can be increased heart rate. On long term no side effects are expected. Nebulization is better than respules which is better than syrups.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Is nebulization with Levolin safe for a child? 26 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for assurance.
I nebulized him in november. now again I'm doing it after 2 months. How frequently can we nebulize.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Every 2 hours initially

Detailed Answer:
Sorry for the inadvertent delay. Initially you can nebulize him every 2 hours. Gradually increase the gap to 4 hourly and 6 hourly.