Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Is my penis length within normal range?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9584 Questions
hello I am XXXXXXX my penis is 6in when erect, is this unusually big
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is normal Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query ,Based on the facts that you have posted I can state that penis of a length of 6 inches on erection is considered to be within normal range . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is my penis length within normal range? 7 hours later
in reference to this excluded my foreskin because I asked this question due to the fact one website said the highest erection measured was 5.88in. mine is also 5in in soft state.i noticed on the WWW.WWWW.WW website the normal range for soft penises is 3-4in and 5.1-5.9erect I must be at bigger end of range
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is not abnormal. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Female vagina on arousal is capacious enough to accommodate erected penis up to the length of 7-8 inches.You have just 0.1 inch more than what you have read on some web site. Please do not worry ,it is not going to pose any problem in enjoying sex. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is my penis length within normal range? 3 hours later
I also have a question regarding my foreskin, it is on the tight side and unretractable can it be loosened so I can keep it permanently retracted, I gather some men can keep it permanently folded back and my mate does thank you very much Dr P.T XXXXXXX your advice on my questions regarding penis size have been very helpful for both me and my mate XXXXXXX who's are both on the big side we both feel much more confident in the siuations listed above. many thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need to get circumcised. Detailed Answer: Helo Thanks for follow up. If you have difficulty on retracting foreskin over glans completely and if it is painful I would suggest you to get circumcised . However you need to consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for clinical assessment He will decide regarding the need for circumcision. If necessary go ahead and get it done. It is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure. It will help you to have enjoyable sex through out the life. Do not attempt to keep it in retracted position as there is risk of developing Paraphimosis which is more XXXXXXX than Phimosis. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor