question-icon

Is masturbation safe while treating chlamydia infection?

Posted on Tue, 19 Jul 2016
Question: I was recently on doxycycline for a suspected Chlamydia infection. This happened after I noticed some discharge on my penis. There's no such discharge now, about 10 days after taking the medication.

However, the other day I masturbated and noticed afterwards that my penis had a discharge of its own way after masturbated. I then stopped to see what would happen and haven't seen any discharge. It's been 3 days since.

I'm at a point where I no longer know if it's safe to masturbate or what this could mean? Should I masturbate again to see if it happens and if so, what's the likely result?
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You can masturbate anytime

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

Masturbation is normal and safe thing. It does not matter at all that you have infection or not, you can masturbate.

Masturbation can not cause or worsen infection if any. Rather masturbation will help to expel the infection if any.

You can masturbate anytime you wish.

If you feel there is any abnormal discharge, let me know.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist