Is lifting weights safe to do after undergoing a Nissen fundoplication surgery?
I have had nissen fundoplication surgery and small hiatal hernia surgery for more than one year ago.
I have been very careful and not lifting anything heavy.
But its hard to go through life without being able sometimes to move or lift anything heavy.
How safe is it for me to do this ?
like moving 20-25 kg ? like a heavy traveling bag or something like this ?
Is this something I need to worry about, or is this totally safe ?
I have a slim athletic body and weigh 62 kg.
best regards XXXXXXX Hanusarson
Can lift the weight with due precautions.
* You can lift weight at the 1 year period of a fundoplication and hiatus hernia surgery, it is totally safe with following guidelines.
-As you have not lifted weight for this period, start with lower range say 2-3 kg and gradually with a period of time weekly can raise it by 2 kg or so (Do not go for the direct lifting of 25 kg at first instance).
-During weight lifting, always keep in mind to avoid more pressure over the stomach area as by lifting with sitting straight, across leg which will transmit the weight along the back vertebra bones and not over abdomen wall.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Surely can bear.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel
so the short answer in teori is that; nissen and hiatal hernia repair can withstand 25 kg of lifting; if you do it right ?
best regards XXXXXXX Hanusarsonw
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lose weight after nissen fundoplication
- Exercise after nissen fundoplication
- Nausea after nissen fundoplication
- Diet after nissen fundoplication
- Nissen fundoplication and weight loss
- Flying after nissen fundoplication
- Activity after nissen fundoplication
- Masturbating after nissen fundoplication
- Anorexia after nissen fundoplication
- Eating after nissen fundoplication