Is it safe to take Emetrol for Parkinson's disease?
yes emetrol is okay
Hello and thank you for your question.
Nausea is a very common side effect occuring in up to 60% of patients taking requip. However the sustained release for may cause significantly less nausea. If she is on the immediate release form of this drug then you could ask her doctor if changing to the sustained release form would work for her.
If she is already on the sustained release form or if switching is not an option, then emetrol or the prescription medication zofran would be good and safe options to help her with the nausea side effect.
I hope she gets some relief soon,
K. Robinson MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Parkinsons disease and cardiomyopathy
- Parkinsons disease light headed
- Diagnosis of Parkinsons Disease Parkinson
- Jaw judder parkinsons disease
- Parkinsons Disease Parkinson causes
- Having parkinsons disease is driving safe
- Symptoms of Parkinsons Disease Parkinson
- Parkinsons disease and high pulse
- Parkinsonism vs parkinsons disease
- Parkinson disease and coated tongue