Is it possible to get mild seizures that cause difficulty remembering daily activities or interrupt conversations?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 27 Jul 2018 in Mental Health
Question: Can a person start having mild seizures that prevent them from continuing conversations or remembering how to do tasks they have done for years? He describes it as a blank page that he can't remember the conversation before or after. He said he can fill it beginning to happen. My husband has had an MRI and nothing abnormal with the except sinus pilups (sorry don't know how to spell it. We plan to follow up with a neurologist.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Yes this is possible. An MRI cannot assess for seizures. He would need an EEG for that. The neurologist should be able to evaluate him and determine if he needs an EEG for further testing.

Dr. Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T