Is it ok to keep testosterone in the fridge?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: can testosterone be frozen it was in sub-zero weather for several days

How long is Testosterone good for?I've heard it's 5 years and only looses potency
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
About testosterone;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
As the testosterone solution is cooled the solubility decreases, and after a certain point the testosterone (or whatever else is in solution) will come out of solution and recrystalize. This can be anything from your solution looking cloudy to seeing actual crystals form. If this happens the solution can be heated to dissolve everything again. At the moment it is dissolved can be used as normally.
testosterone is considered effective as long as it maintais normal testosterone level in blood. You may need an increase of the dose after some years, but it does not mean that it is ineffective.
Dr,Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad