Is it normal to have severe headaches for consecutive days leading to occasional dizziness and vomiting?

Posted on Thu, 3 Oct 2019 in Headache and Migraines
Question: is it normal to have headaches for consecutive days? usually in the morning when waking up or in the afternoon around 4 ot 5 i went to a specialist 2 yrs ago but just told me that i only have a tension headache i consider my headaches as severe to the point that i feel dizzy and i had to vomit there are times the pain started just a little tolerable pain in morning but if i dont take any medicine the pain grows to super painful as the day goes on
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to find cause

Detailed Answer:

Your headaches are getting worse and are associated with other symptoms. Headache is a universal phenomenon and more commonly, these have no explanation. Sometimes it may have a medical cause like infection, vision problem, dehydration, high blood pressure, etc.

Sudden onset, severe headache warrants thorough physical examination by a doctor, blood tests and CT scan of head.

Take pain killers. If ibuprofen is not helping then stronger pain killers maybe needed by getting a prescription. Drink cleaner water, hygienic food, wash hands frequently and take other precautions to avoid infection.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj