Is it normal to experience strange withdrawal symptoms during the tapering off Xanax?
Asked by Me , 0 minutes ago
The drug should be tapered in 8 weeks.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards the tapering of Xanax medication.
It has to be tapered gradually to prevent withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, psychoses and seizures.
It is advisable to taper the drug in 8 weeks, that means you can taper one forth dose in 2 weeks, that is decrease it to 6 mg in 2 weeks , decrease to 4.5 mg in 2 weeks, and then to 3mg in 2 weeks , then to 2mg for 1 week, then to 1 mg for last week and then stop.
Some withdrawal symptoms like anxiety may be experienced to some extent, but there is nothing to worry as it is normal in the process.
Hope this information would help you.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
You can decrease to 0.5 mg from tomorrow and stop after 1 week.
If it is scheduled tomorrow to reduce it to half from 1mg, you can do it and continue for 1 week before stopping the drug completely.
It is not so necessary to rise up to 6 mg so quickly, as there are many other drugs to decrease anxiety with least possible side effects.
If you still experience severe withdrawal symptoms at any stage of this process, you can continue the same dose for 1 more week to prevent it.
Hope this clears all your queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of acute withdrawal symptom
- Symptoms of depo withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of withdrawal symptoms
- Feeling lightheaded normal ekg withdrawal symptom of methamphetamine
- Will i experience withdrawal symptoms if i stop oxycontin
- Xanax side effects withdrawal symptoms
- Xanax withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of caffeine withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of skoal withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal symptoms