Is it a matter of concern to feel a pulsating sensation in the stomach while having hypertension?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that in tall and elegant person, the sound of heartbeat may be felt in the stomach or abdomen.
This is usually related to the physical anatomy. Some metabolic conditions like high blood pressure, anaemia, thyroid dysfunction may trigger this situation.
Another condition to exclude is an abdominal aorta aneurysm.
For this reason, I would recommend performing some tests if you have not already performed them:
- an abdominal ultrasound
- a chest X-ray study
- complete blood count for anaemia
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction
- blood electrolytes.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pathophysiological of hypertension patient feel dizzy
- Pre hypertension feel dizzy
- Hypertensive retinopathy while pregnant
- Stage 2 hypertension and feels dizzy
- Swollen feeling hands and hypertension
- Bloated stomach with hypertension
- Dont use revital while hypertension
- Choking feeling and hypertension
- Hypertension and tight feeling in feet
- Intracranial hypertension while pregnant
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?