Is intercourse advisable while on BC?
If new pack started after 7 days gap you need back up protection
welcome to healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
From your notes it is not clear what was the duration of the gap between stopping the pills and starting the new pack. If you have started the recent pack within a gap of one week from the previous pack then you dont need any back up protection. You can have unprotected sex.
If you have started the new pack of contraceptives after a gap of more than 7 days then you are not protected. You need to use backup form of contraception protection like condom for seven days.
I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- During hypothyroidism normal intercourse is advisable
- Is copper t painful while intercourse
- Bleeding durning intercourse while on trisprintec
- Not getting proper erection while intercourse
- Pregnant bleeding while intercourse no clots
- Lack of desire for intercourse no erection advise
- How to avoid pain while intercourse
- Precautions to be taken while intercourse to conceive
- No erection while sexual intercourse
- Tpha comes while intercourse