question-icon

Is hospitalization necessary for peritoneal dialysis catheterization surgery?

Posted on Tue, 4 Dec 2018
Question: Please advise if admission is required for catherisation for peritoneal dialysis
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (20 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hospitalization for 4-6 hours is required.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for query.

Nowadays insertion of catheter in peritoneal cavity for peritoneal dialysis is done by Laparoscopic method or in some cases by open surgical technique and usually done under short General Anesthesia which requires hospitalization for 4-6 hours after surgery for patient to be observed.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards,
Dr. P. T. Patil, Urologist
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist