Is hospitalization necessary for peritoneal dialysis catheterization surgery?
Hospitalization for 4-6 hours is required.
Thanks for query.
Nowadays insertion of catheter in peritoneal cavity for peritoneal dialysis is done by Laparoscopic method or in some cases by open surgical technique and usually done under short General Anesthesia which requires hospitalization for 4-6 hours after surgery for patient to be observed.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards,
Dr. P. T. Patil, Urologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Patient on peritoneal dialysis with colostomy
- Pus in stool hernia secondary to peritoneal dialysis therapy pathophysiology
- Peritoneal dialysis and body smell
- Peritoneal dialysis infection
- Peritoneal dialysis drainage problems
- Dehydration and runny stool in peritoneal dialysis
- Menstrual bleeding in peritoneal dialysis
- What are the side effects of dianeal low calcium peritoneal dialysis solution?
- Peritoneal dialysis and colostomy
- Peritoneal dialysis and toe nail fungus
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?