Is high blood pressure associated with stomach flu?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have stomach flue for the last 8 hours. Barfed a couple of times. No fever. Bloo pressure consistently 230 over 80. Pulse 95-105. Is the high pulse rate the effect of the stomach flue?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that Yes fast pulse rate can be due to stomach infection but your blood pressure is very high.

Any blood pressure reading measuring more than 180 systolic is a medical emergency and needs medical supervision. As your systolic bp is more than 200 mmhg so it highly advisable that you should seek urgent medical supervision and treatment.

Kindly visit your nearby ER so that your blood pressure can be brought under control before it causes any damage.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D