Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Is high blood pressure associated with stomach flu?

Mar 2017
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1349 Questions
I have stomach flue for the last 8 hours. Barfed a couple of times. No fever. Bloo pressure consistently 230 over 80. Pulse 95-105. Is the high pulse rate the effect of the stomach flue?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that Yes fast pulse rate can be due to stomach infection but your blood pressure is very high.

Any blood pressure reading measuring more than 180 systolic is a medical emergency and needs medical supervision. As your systolic bp is more than 200 mmhg so it highly advisable that you should seek urgent medical supervision and treatment.

Kindly visit your nearby ER so that your blood pressure can be brought under control before it causes any damage.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor