• question-icon

Is heart rate of 43 beats per minute normal?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am 42 female, I been getting seizures and then just now been told I have POTS but it was seen that one time in the hospital when I was sleeping my heart rate dropped to 43 they did pictures and a drug induced stress test saw nothing but I don't think they found the problem but they did find a 5 cm ulcer I am scared I have many medical issues and I am tired all the time and factor 5
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that a normal sleeping heart rate can be as low as upto 40 beats per min amd that is completely normal and there is nothing to worry for that.

What am unable to understand in your query is about ulcer which you have mentioned. Kindly provide more details regarding that like where they have found the ulcer and by which test?

Another information which I need to know is

1. Do you have Diabetes
2. Do you have hypertension
3. Any habit of smoking

Kindly provide me with the details and also kindly upload your stress test reports for me to evaluate them and then guide you accordingly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 59 minutes later
no diabetes I don't drink don't smoke don't do drugs there was nothing found on the stress test they say.my pulse also at night has dropped to 44 and 43
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the feedback.

If you feel symptomatic at the time of low pulse like dizziness or lightheaded then it's advisable to get one 24 hrs HOLTER MONITORING done to see if any rhythm abnormality is happening or not.

But if you do not have any symptoms then there is nothing to worry about from cardiac point of view.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist