Is having bath with ammonia for decontamination after mold exposure,safe?
anti fungal shampoo, body soap, no ammonia bath.
Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question.
I can understand your concerns about mold exposure. However the best way for decontamination is having a body wash with a cleansing soap. Having a bath with 3% ammonia is detrimental to the skin and hair. It damages the keratin present in the hair as well as the skin leading to inflamed red skin, damaged hair.
Antifungal shampoos and body soaps are available on prescription and are very effective in removing the mold.
I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ammonia odors right after eating
- Ammonia smell after exercise in nose
- Ammonia smell in nose after crying
- Smelling ammonia after crying
- Ammonia after brain aneurysm
- Smell of ammonia in nose after a cold
- Fishy ammonia vagina after "seafood"
- Ammonia smell after alcohol
- Ammonia smell after running
- Smelling ammonia after coughing
- Is it important to take hypertension medication lifelong and what...
- How long does it take for the clarithromycin to work?
- What should be done when on anticoagulant acenocoumarin for mitral valve...
- Should I be worried about diarrhea during pregnancy?
- Can I take Beneflex while taking Lisinopril?.
- Suggest remedy to achieve fair skin
- What causes shaky hands,wrinkled fingers,low BP,muscle weakness,...
- Can I take bronchial support containing fenugreek, marshmallow and...
- Is it a heath risk to observe blood in stool whensuffering from MSRA?
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools?