question-icon

Is having a cyst of size of a golf ball under the arm pit worrisome?

Posted on Mon, 10 Sep 2018
Question: I have a sis under my arm pit , right side of my hair line , about D side of a gulf ball side. It don't hurt. Should I Worry?
Answered by Dr. Monish De (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Could be infection or malignancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are having a cyst under your armpit golf ball size it could be a an enlarged lymph node which may be due to infection or malignancy.

I would advise you to take antibiotic with your doctors advise for 1 week.

If the swelling does not reduce in size then biopsy has to be done from it to rule out malignancy

A biopsy is a test were a sample is taken with help of a needle from the enlarged node to be studied under microscope to rule out malignancy by pathologist.

As it is not hurting it is most probably due to a infection.

Take care,
Dr Monish De
Oncologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist