Is having a cyst of size of a golf ball under the arm pit worrisome?
Could be infection or malignancy
Since you are having a cyst under your armpit golf ball size it could be a an enlarged lymph node which may be due to infection or malignancy.
I would advise you to take antibiotic with your doctors advise for 1 week.
If the swelling does not reduce in size then biopsy has to be done from it to rule out malignancy
A biopsy is a test were a sample is taken with help of a needle from the enlarged node to be studied under microscope to rule out malignancy by pathologist.
As it is not hurting it is most probably due to a infection.
Dr Monish De
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?