Ask a Urologist   »  

Is frequent urination a sign of prostate problems?

Question
have prostste infe i drank 20 oz water am go to bathroom 3 times in hour i did take 500mg chiop it dont work ty
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is chiop

Detailed Answer:

I understand you have prostate issues most likely a benign prostatic hypertrophy, which causes urine frequently.
However I did not understand that 500mg Chiop that you took. I couldn't find it. can you upload pics of the name. I can find it better and answer you.

Follow-up: Is frequent urination a sign of prostate problems? 6 hours later
it is 500mg cipro

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ciprofloxacin wouldn't necessarily help

Detailed Answer:
Hi the Ciprofloxacin wouldn't help your case. You should take symptomatic treatment like tamsulosin and uristat.
you should get prescription from local doctor.