Is extreme sadness indicative of manic depression despite being on Trintellix and Deplin?
There is no need to change the medicines.
If you are doing good with Trintellix and Deplin then there is no need to change the medicines. The emotional disturbance and crying in situations like hearing songs could be the part of persistent mood swings. This will improve with time and no need to worry. You can discuss with your doctor to increase the dose of Trintellix or alternatively low dose mood stabilisers like Sodium Valproate or Lithium carbonate can be added. This will help in controlling mood swings.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Manic depression causes
- Manic depressive disorder causes
- Prozac for manic depression
- Hysterectomy oophorectomy manic depression
- Symptoms of manic depressive psychosis
- Manic depressive psychosis causes
- Tingling in fingertips and manic depression
- Manic depressive illness causes
- Manic depression symptoms in adults
- Manic depression and relationships