Is blood in the urine a sign of cancer?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Cancer
Question: I have occasional( once or twice per week) discharge from my penis with tiny amount of blood ONLY during the night. Has NOT occurred during the day during normal urination.
Sometimes this discharge seems to have a very small sac which is clear in color with it. This has been happening for about two months. Is this likely to be a sign of bladder cancer?
I had a biopsy of my prostate ( about 4 samples taken) about 5 months ago which was negative.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ureine blood

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Hematuria it’s a symptom of bladder cancer mostly but that’s doesn’t mean that you are suffering from the disease.

Sometimes hematuria it’s related too urinay infection

I will suggest you urinalysis at first.If the symptoms that you have prescribed insists then you should have abdominal ultrasound and urine cytology

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T