Is black stool after consumption of steak a symptom of cancer?
Black stool may mean blood in the stool but it may also mean iron supplementation or innocent stool discoloration by certain food.
A doctor may usually discriminate between normal and bloody stool. When blood is the cause the stool is shiny and looks like tar. It's watery and smells differently. The smell is characteristic but can't be described obviously.
Since gastrointestinal bleeding is a medical emergency you'd better visit your doctor or the emergency room at once for proper investigation. Serious bleeding is usually accompanied by fast heart rate, low blood pressure, cold sweating, dizziness, faintness, etc.
I hope it helps!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Black stool prostate cancer
- Liver cancer and black stools
- Treatment for black stools with lung cancer
- Black stool and bladder cancer
- Black stool cancer
- Does black stool mean cancer
- Black stool esophageal cancer
- Ovarian cancer and black stools
- Return of prostate cancer and black stool
- Black stool in cancer patients
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?