Is a third dosage of Nordette 21 safe?
There is no need to take further dose.
Thanks for posting your question here on healthcaremagic.
Vomiting is a common side effect of emergency hormonal contraceptives, even if you vomited after half an hour most of the drug would have been absorbed.
The recommended dosage for nordette is 4 pills within 72 hours after intercourse and 4 pills after 12 hours following the first dose. It is not clear from your history whether you took 4 light orange pills or just took one and it is also not clear if you are taking these pills regularly as contraceptives.
You can write back to me with these details so that I can help you further.
Awaiting your response.
How many tablets of Nordette 21 did you take?
Thanks for getting back to me.
A single Nordette 21 pill does not contain enough norgestril(the active medicine that prevents pregnancy), so you will need to take 4 pills, two times, that is after 12 hours and not later than 24 hours after taking the first dose.
Since you vomited after the first dose, you will have to repeat the dose just to be on the safer side(Generally not required).
My suggestion to you is, if you have taken 4 pills both times, then take another 4 pills after 12 hours from your last dose (the 8:13 am dose), that would be sufficient in your case.
If you have not taken 4 pills, then you will need to take 4 pills of nordette 21 twice again, aith a 12 hour gap between the two doses.
There is nothing to worry, you are still within the 72 hour period and this will still work.
I hope you will find this answer useful.
Thank you again for using the service, have a good day ahead.
Thank you for your answers. means a lot to me.
Over dosing is not a big concern.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Do not worry about over dosing, you can safely take one more dose of the ECP, it wouldn't have any serious side-effects and it certainly doesn't have any long term health risks.
My advice would be to take just one more dose (4 pills) after 12 hours of your previous dose, that should suffice (this is only to be absolutely sure).
Hope this helps, good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nordette 21 emergency contraceptive pill
- How to use nordette 21 philippines
- Nordette 21 emergency contraception
- Nordette 21 or nordette 28
- Is nordette 21 effective when second dosage is taken late
- Usages of nordette 21
- Nordette 21 as emergeny contraceptive
- How to use nordette 21 emergency contraception
- Side effects of nordette 21
- Nordette 21 as emergency contraceptive
- Feeling dizzy, loss of balance, headaches. Not able to say right words....
- Elevated AST and MPV. No fever, blood disorders or anaemia. Any reason?
- Had nasal injury and bleeded. Have asymmetrical nose and problem in...
- Suffering from extreme dry mouth. Could I ask a doctor?
- Feeling sleepy after taking lisinopril. Can I stop the medication?
- Had a seizure and sustained additional fractures on back. Suffered...
- Baby has coffee stain on back. Has jaundice. What could this be?
- Have periodic involuntary eye movements. Feeling like things in room are...
- Can I take prednisone for the flareups of emphysema?
- Abdomen on left side bulges when I start to get erection. It is painful...