question-icon

Is a small itchy bump on the clitoral hood resulted from insertion of a hormonal pallet?

Posted on Wed, 12 Sep 2018
Question: small itchy bump on clitoral hood. had biodentical hormone pellet inserted about a month and have not had sex for a year so don't believe it is sex related.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Can be a blocked gland.

Detailed Answer:

The small itchy bump is not likely to be related to the insertion of hormonal pallet but it can cause some itchiness due to vaginal dryness.

The itchy bump can be related to a blocked gland in the area.

This usually subsides with a hot compress. In case it enlarges in size or becomes painful then a direct examination is needed for proper evaluation.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN