Is Xyrem approved by FDA for fibromyalgia?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello, I was just trying to find out if Xyrem has been FDA approved for fibromyalgia? Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not approved for Fibromyalgia

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Xyrem has sodium oxybate in it and is not approved by FDA for fibromyalgia. The only use it is approved for is narcolepsy for being a CNS depressants and due to its addictive properties and lethal adverse effects it is labelled as Schedule III agent; available only through the Xyrem Success Program, 1-866-997-3688.

Talk to your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan