Is Vraylar effective at treating schizophrenia?
Yes, it is largely true
Thanks again for contacting me at HealthcareMagic.
Yes, it is true that Vraylar is more effective for negative symptoms of schizophrenia. As we discussed in the past the new drug is compared with older but well-established treatment options for schizophrenia including risperidone, aripiprazole, haloperidol, and Olanzapine among others.
As I can see that you are still unable to procure the medication as it is not available in your country of residence. In case you chose to opt for new medication I will be there to support you at the need of the hour.
Wish you great health ahead.
Thanks and regards.
Thanks for follow up.
I am currently practicing in South East Asia region (India to be precise) and believe that Vraylar will be one of the milestone for many of the individuals suffering with predominant negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
Despite my above belief I will recommend you to continue with olanazapine for adequate time before moving to new medication. My recommendation is based on my own experience that some of the individuals show excellent response in negative symptoms of schizophrenia with olanzapine. As you are showing good response I feel the olanzapine should be given a fair chance. This is also important to state that on the current date olanzapine is most preferred antipsychotic medication among all the medications especially when there is inadequate response.
I hope this helps you further.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prolixin side effects schizophrenia
- Treating paranoid schizophrenia physiotherapy
- Will thorazine treat schizophrenia, catatonic ?
- Physical effects of schizophrenia
- Will risperdal treat schizophrenia, paranoid ?
- Will stelazine treat schizophrenia, residual ?
- Will zyprexa treat disorganized schizophrenia ?
- Biological effects of schizophrenia
- Clozapine side effects schizophrenia
- Is mozep advised to treat schizophrenia
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?