Is Tetracycline recommended for UTI?
Generally Cephalosporin group of antibiotics are prescribed in UTI
Tetracycline is effective against gram positive bacteria, UTI is most commonly due to gram negative bacteria hence Cephalosporin group of antibiotics like Cefixime, Ciprofloxacin are the antibiotics that are commonly being prescribed in UTI.
However, it is always safe to get Urine culture done and take appropriate antibiotic as per culture and sensitivity report so as to eradicate infection effectively.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. P. T. Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?