Is Prevagen effective in treating memory loss?

Question
In 1998 I suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm. Had a shunt paced. Had a second aneurysm clipped. 23 craniotomies later, I am BLESSED that I can walk and talk. But my memory is a jerk. I can't stand the CONSTANT losing things, forgetting what I did and just plain being an idiot half the time. My question: Is there any new medication available to treat this bad memory nonsense? Eight months ago I began taking Prevagen. The protein extracted from shrimp (or whatever it was). Was not sure if it was doing anything so I quit taking it. I DID experience one or two times in which I was able to actually remember something that was helpful. But only twice. Can you advise me as to whether I should continue with the prevagen OR is there anything else out there? Please help me with my dragging brain!
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue Prevagen

Detailed Answer:

Prevagen contains apoaequorin as you know obtained from jellyfish is the best known supplement for improving the brain function in people with conditions like you have.

I strongly recommend you to continue the same for few more months. For sure it does take time to show considerable response.

Well, there are newer products which could help in your case but those medications are still under study and not available in market for general use.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.