Is Levofloxacin better than SMZ-TMP for a patient with bladder infection?
I have read your question and I understand your concern,
Bladder infections in males are always treated as complicated cases, and the drug of choice in this case is Levofloxacin 500.
Smz/Tmp would have been better for your ear, but it does not have that much effect on your bladder infection.
By the way, are you sure you have an infection in your ear? Do you have a fever, pain in your ear, noise, and infected fluid coming out of your ear? If not, then it may be some other problem in the middle ear, and I would highly recommend you to see an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist.
In the meantime, you can take the Levofloxacin for your bladder.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Leukemia and bladder infection
- Medicines for protozoa and bladder infections
- Will taking levofloxacin be safe for bladder infection
- Smz dosage for bladder infection
- Serratia marcescens bladder infection
- Hook worms and bladder infection
- Cold bladder infection means
- Juvenile gall bladder infections
- Will clarithromycin help with bladder infection
- Folic acid bladder infection