Is Hyaluronic acid safe for patients with systemic lupus?
Not helpful in boosting or enhancing immunity '
Hi and thanks for the query
Hyalarunic acid plays a role as a modulator in immunity. However, taking the drug to boost the immune system will not be very helpful.
In systemic lupus, many drugs are a available that target specific components of the immune system. Anti inflammatory drugs, steroids, gold salts, hydroxychloroquine are the drugs generally used .
A proper review from your rheumatologist is needed to decide on the drug choice and dose. This results from clinical exam and results of blood tests.
Thanks and kind regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spherocytosis systemic lupus
- Systemic lupus bruising arms
- Where to bring systemic lupus erythematosus sle patient
- Systemic lupus and hip pain
- Systemic lupus autoimmune disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus symptoms
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and spherocytosis
- Systemic lupus and leg pain
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and emphysema
- Causes of systemic lupus erythematosus