Is Forecox the right medication for TB?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: Hi Sir,I have been diagnosed with TB from 2 months.I am 21 years male, 5.6 foot and 50 Kgs.My Doctor prescribed me with Forecox,2 tablets in the morning and Rejuvit -plus in night after dinner. I am still sufferning from fever on daily or twice a day.Also feel too much weekness left side headche ,legs pain.Please tell me about my treatment process wheather i need to consult some other doctor or fever take time to relief.Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have been prescribed correct treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

You have been prescribed the correct treatment for TB. You have to ensure that you take both the tablets together in the morning on empty stomach and nil by mouth thereafter for at least 1/2 hour. This helps in proper absorption of the drugs. You should not miss a single dose because irregular treatment is known to increase the chances of developing drug resistant TB.

Improvement is measured by feeling better, absence of fever, weight gain, blood, sputum examination and chest x ray.

Since you have completed 2 months of treatment, you should start showing the response. However, some times clinical response may take longer. You may continue treatment for one more month and then ask your physician to check your response by above mentioned criteria.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Shashi Dangwal 3 hours later

Thanks for your valueable advice.Have few more queries,

1.Since i completed around 2 months of treatment,But still i am suffering from fever ,Fever happens daily sometimes at lunch time ,sometimes in morning.For fever i am taking "NIFEN " tablet the same moment i found fever.Also sometimes like yesterday i had fever with feeling cold.
I need to take fever medicine on daily bases otherwise fever happens.
Is it normal happens due to diseases or i need some extra medicine?

2.All time feel head heavy.

3.Feel tiredness a lot.

4.What should i eat and what i need to avoid.

5.Also please tell me any other care i need to take for proper treatment.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I have already answered all your queries.

Detailed Answer:

I have already answered all your queries. However to repeat once again, sometimes fever can take longer to settle down. You may take something for your fever.

Continue the same treatment for one more month and then go back to your physician for assessing the response. Do not stop your treatment. You have to take at least 6 month uninterrupted treatment as per your doctor`s advice. If you feel that your condition is deteriorating, go back to your physician straight away who will investigate you. There may be drug resistance or some other underlying disease.

You have to eat high protein, nourishing diet. Avoid junk food, oily and spicy food and very cold beverages.