Is Cefoclox safe to take during pregnancy?
Can be taken, but requirement of antibiotic can be decided based on examination
I have gone through your query.
It is better if you can upload the picture of the boil, for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.
As you are pregnant I would suggest you not to take any medication without consulting the doctor.
Cefoclox contains cefpodoxime, which is assigned to pregnancy category B by the FDA. This is agent can be taken during pregnancy but I would suggest you to see a doctor for examination and then if based on examination if there is requirement then you take the medication.
But there are many local antiseptic and Antibacterial creams are available which will be helpful in treating boil.
This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.
I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to take wysolone during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take mebex during pregnancy
- Is calvepen safe to take during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take qlaira during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take ovacare during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take deanxit during pregnancy
- Safe to take dulcolax during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take lupigest during pregnancy
- Is mybulen safe to take during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take omez during pregnancy