I'm having brown spotting mid cycle (15 days after start

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 16 Mar 2019 in General Health
Question: I'm having brown spotting mid cycle (15 days after start of last period and 13 days before start of next, exactly mid cycle. 2 days after ovulation). It's now the 3rd day I'm having the spotting. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible ovulation bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think this is normal ovulation bleeding.
Sometimes in middle of the cycle a woman can experience brown or pink spotting which signify the uterine cell shading before the next cycle.
It can last for one or two days but if it lasts more it can be infection or hormone disbalance.
If it lasts more than three days do a vaginal smear to check for infection.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply.

If I had anything other than ovulation spotting would I have other symptoms? Because as of right now it's just the spotting. Can you let me know the other things it could possibly be and what other symptoms I should look out for in case?

I've also ready online that sometimes after a period you don't shed all of the blood. Some of it stays inside then about a week later during ovulation you shed the old period blood. Is this another possibility?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:
OK, if it comes as result of infection then discharge will continue and also white or yellow and bed smell.
If it is hormone disbalance the discharge may continue brown or also may your period come more often than once in 28 days.