question-icon

I went to the emergency room yesterday for dizziness and

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Question: I went to the emergency room yesterday for dizziness and loss of hearing in my left ear (complications of post concussion syndrome) which suddenly worsened over the course of a few hours. At the ER, my heart rate was measured as 156 at triage and they immediately did an EKG with ABNORMAL results attached below. Nothing was explained to me but from what i googled it sounds like i have heart disease? Also, in blood work that was done my carbon dioxide level was only 16 which is low from what it said on the reference level. I am now very concerned for my health and i am not sure what steps to take next.

Age: 20
Sex: Female
Height: 5%E2%80%9910
Weight: 230
Medications: Topamax 50mg
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that don’t worry for the co2 levels as they can go low when we breath fast like when we are anxious because of any reason.

Regarding your ecg report as it’s telling a heart rate of 125 bpm so the T wave abnormality can be because of that also. Before giving my opinion on this I would like to see the ecg image myself for better understanding. Kindly upload the ecg.

Kindly revert back with required information.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist