I suffer from shortness of breath permanently I also have
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on -Ask a Doctor- service!
I understand your concern and would like to explain that a hiatal hernia may be source of several disturbances including shortness of breath. But, this is more common when hernia volume is larger and exerts a compression effect on adjacent structures including heart and lungs.
This may be confirmed by several imagine test like echo, thoracic CT, chest X ray study.
In addition, I recommend checking some medical tests just to be sure that any concomitant health disorder isn't present:
- complete blood count (for anemia),
- thyroid gland ultrasound (for thyroid goiter with compressive symptoms),
- pulmonary function tests (for primary pulmonary dysfunction),
- cardiac ultrasound (primary heart disorder)
You need to discuss with your attending physician on the above mentioned issues.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?