question-icon

I have tendinitis real bad and the other day it

Posted on Tue, 25 Dec 2018
Question: I have tendinitis real bad and the other day it felt like something hit me real hard the calf heel area it turn black my heel ankle now my heel and bottom of my foot feels numb and on my heel it actually looks and feels like a hole under my skin
Answered by Dr. Aaron Branch (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Achilles tendon rupture.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. You have what appears to be an achilles tendon rupture, which means the tendon has torn at least partially. You will need to see your doctor about this and get a referral to a surgeon about whether you will need surgery for this. In the meantime you can put ice on it and try not to put any weight on that foot. If it starts to hurt you can use Ibuprofen and Tylenol.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that, I would be glad to explain anything further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Aaron Branch