I have one swollen lymph node around my groin on

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in Lump
Question: I have one swollen lymph node around my groin on the right side, it is about the size of a pea so not extremely swollen, but definitely larger than it had been in the past. I have had a bad cold for the past couple months that has only recently begun to improve, but is not completely better. I also have recently had bad foot trauma on the right side that led to my entire big toe nail falling completely off, and additionally I have some sort of fungal infection on my right pinkie toe nail. What is this enlarged lymph node likely a result of? Should I worry about cancer? At what point should I worry and see a doctor? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem concerning.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

A single enlarged lymph node like this is most likely due to a minor infection in the groin or somewhere else. There could be some association with your recent trauma. A lymph node usually gets swollen when some local infection drains there. I doubt if it is concerning. If you are still apprehensive feel free to see a doctor.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana