Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I have inflammation under the skin. Maybe in the muscle

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1419 Questions
I have inflammation under the skin. Maybe in the muscle or just under the skin. Not sure. I get it all over. Arms,legs, soles of my feet. Most everything though. I am experiencing hot flashes but I get a burning sensation with them.
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need workup for causes edema, autoimmune and thyroid profile

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, for such swellings associated with generalised body aches, a detailed work up including liver and kidney functions as well as cardiac output and functions estimattion by echo cardiogram is needed however if such inflammations itself is painful, a rheumatologist review and baseline autoimmune profile should be done.

Though if thyroid is under functioning, it may also present like this but a possibility of post menopausal symptoms due to hormonal changes is another possibility which is also explained by the hot flushes.

A hormonal profile, sugar levels, an endocrinologist review should be sought to decide if hormone replacement therapy alongwith supplements for calcium, D3, phosphate and ossien mineral complexes should be started.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor