I have had constant neck pain since straining neck carrying

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have had constant neck pain since straining neck carrying too many bags as I am a school teacher. No xrays or scans were ordered. A year later I have had a diagnosis of severe ear infection in both ears and my nodes are swollen and tender to touch in my neck and under chin. I have had meds for congestion and antibiotics and ear pressure and fluid are still present. I wake up and my lower neck all across the front aches in the worst way. After coffee and shower all that goes away. However, this neck and ear issues are getting old. I am a smoker. I take Adderall daily for Adult ADD and antihistamines daily for allergies. I take no other meds .
Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:
Daily pain in the lower neck after getting up can be a postural pain related to use of a high pillow or an uncomfortable mattress. Such muscular pains can be relieved by a hot compress, application of local analgesic gel and oral muscle relaxants. You need to start with a mild pain killer and a local analgesic gel and in case the pain is persistent then do get stronger medicines prescribed by your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad