I have had chronic diarhrea for a month. Bacterial infection

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have had chronic diarhrea for a month. Bacterial infection has been ruled out. Imodium does not help. I have sticking with basically a liquid diet, water, sports drinks and very little coffee. When I do eat it takes about 4 hours and then I make at least 6 to 12 trips to bathroom. I also have it while I am asleep. The symptoms subside during the daytime.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
antibiotic therapy required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks fof query,
Imodium is just going to decrease frequency of stools.To treat bacterial infection proper antibiotic therapy must be given for a week otherwise symptoms may occur recurrently.

Rx
Rifaximin 400 mg get a prescription fir it
Any probioti.