I have had a mystery illness since Dec. 20. That
Sinuses and middle ear infection possible.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think you are having sinus infection and also middle ear infection according to the MRI report and symptoms.
I think the z-pack didn't work neither prednisone because you took the treatment for few days. You should take antibiotics ( amoxicillin - clavulonic acid) and prednisone for at least 14 days.
Also an ENT doctor visit is recommended.
Also you can take antihistamines and pseudoephedrine for first five days to improve inflammation and congestion.
Also you can take advil to reduce inflammation.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.