question-icon

I have had a lot of bloating and pain when

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019
Question: I have had a lot of bloating and pain when I touch my abdomen. It lasted three days. This morning I had a BM and it was encased in a sheath. It looked like a sausage with natural intestines. I’ve never had this before. Is it something I should worry about? By the way, the pain went away after it passed.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Sounds completely harmless

Detailed Answer:
Hi Skeltonjudy,

What you describe sounds completely harmless. Diets around the holidays may cause the symptoms you describe. It is difficult to ascribe the appearance of your stools to a certain condition, but it seems absolutely benign. If you do now feel OK. there is nothing to worry about.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon