I have been having bouts of anxiety that leave me
These are most likely due to anxiety only.
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service
I can understand your problem. First of all I'd like to tell you that the problems you are having are part of anxiety and are not really psychotic issues. SLE sometimes in late course is known to result in mood symptoms and cognitive decline. But that doesn't mean that each and every individual will develop such mental issues. Full blown psychosis is rare and is not common.
You are on steroids too and these too are known to worse mood symptoms. Individuals develop depressive symptoms which further complicates the illness. You are 47 and are doing good. Try to remain relaxed, slight cognitive issues or mood symptoms should be ignored completely. These could be there independent of SLE. You have anxiety for mental issues and also due to chronic SLE which is expected because of chronicity of illness. Try to stay calm and you will not develop any serious mental issue. If you feel anxiety is uncontrollable then try to get an appointment from a psychiatrist.
Thanks and Take care
Please let me know if you have more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?