I have been diagnosed with acute maxillary sinusitis . However,

ENT Specialist
Question
I have been diagnosed with acute maxillary sinusitis. However, I am a cardiac patient on Multaq and am allergic to penicillin and sulfur. what antibiotic can I safely take to get rid of it?
Mon, 12 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Maxillary sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You can take levofloxacin 400 once daily or ciprofloxacin 500 twice daily. Take fluticasone nasal spray twice daily for a week.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: I have been diagnosed with acute maxillary sinusitis . However, 1 hour later
I thought that both antibiotics you recommended cause serious reactions with Multaq. Why do they issue the warning.

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
Maxillary sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The antibiotics I have mentioned doesn't seem to have any drug interactions with multaq but it would be better to consult your cardiologist for this.
Nasal spray is topical and is thus completely safe.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards